Robb's On-line Multimedia Database of Animals & Plants
Subfamily Buteoninae (Buteos and Eagles)
Red-tailed Hawk or Red-tailed Buzzard (Buteo jamaicensis or B. borealis) by John James Audubon
Please do not plagiarize.
If you would like to use this information in a print or electronic publication, please ask me for permission first and cite this page as:
Knapp, Robbin D. 2002.
"Subfamily Buteoninae (Buteos and Eagles)".
In Robb's Online Multimedia Database of Animals and Plants.
Jan. 20, 2002.
Genera of the Subfamily Buteoninae (Buteos or Buzzard Hawks and Eagles)
- Aquila (eagles in part)
- Asturina (sometimes considered part of Buteo)
- Busarellus (Fishing Buzzard or Black-collared Hawk)
- Butastur (buzzard eagles)
- Buteo (buzzards or buteos)
- Buteogallus (crab hawks and black hawks)
- Geranoaetus (Grey Eagle-Buzzard)
- Haliaeetus (sea eagles or fish eagles)
- Harpia (Harpy Eagle)
- Harpyopsis (New Guinea Harpy-Eagle)
- Hieraaetus (eagles in part)
- Ichthyophaga (fishing eagles)
- Ictinaetus (Indian Black Eagle)
- Kaupifalco (Lizard Buzzard)
- Leucopternis (hawks in part)
- Lophaetus (Long-crested Eagle)
- Morphnus (Guiana Crested Eagle)
- Oroaetus (Isidor's Eagle)
- Parabuteo (Bay-winged Hawk or Harris' Hawk)
- Pithecophaga (Philippine Monkey-eating Eagle)
- Polemaeetus (Martial Eagle)
- Spizaetus (hawk eagles)
- Spizastur (Black and White Hawk-eagle)
- Stephanoaetus (Crowned Eagle)
Funny ginger snaps.
Copyright © 2002 Robbin D. Knapp