Robb's On-line Multimedia Database of Animals & Plants
Please do not plagiarize.
If you would like to use this information in a print or electronic publication, please ask me for permission first and cite this page as:
Knapp, Robbin D. 1998.
"Subclass Enantiornithes" in
Robb's Online Multimedia Database of Animals and Plants.
Sept. 23, 1998.
Orders of the Subclass Enantiornithes ("opposite" birds)
so-named because certain features of their anatomy seem to be arranged in an opposite manner to those of recent birds, i.e. Neornithes
- Gobipterygiformes ("Gobi wing" birds) extinct
- Enantiornithiformes ("opposite" birds) extinct
- Zhyraornithiformes (membership in Enantiornithes uncertain) extinct
- (Orders of following families uncertain or at least unknown to me) extinct
- Alexornis (membership in Enantiornithes uncertain)
- Kizylkumavis (membership in Alexornithidae and Enantiornithes uncertain)
- (Families of following genera uncertain or at least unknown to me)
- Eoalulavis ("dawn bird with an alula ('little wing')")
- E. hoyasi ("Eoalulavis from Las Hoyas (Spain)")
- Otogornis (membership in Enantiornithes uncertain)
- Sinornis (membership in Enantiornithes uncertain)
on funny ginger snaps.
Copyright © 1996-98 Robbin D. Knapp